Sign in to follow this  
Wrdlbrmpft

Arcane Mage Guide

Welcome,

this guide deals with Arcane Mages in 2.4.3. TBC and will be improved bit by bit (for me this guide is a hobby). You can access it via google spreadsheets (you need a google account to use it) and make a copy of it for your own use via "File > Make a copy ... ". For now I've finished the Damage, Dps and stats calculator (which was most of the work!). The written part of the guide will follow.

If you use the calculator, you will have to follow the directions in it and enter reasonable, realistic fight parameters (a 10 seconds fight with evocation used and 20 seconds non casting time makes no sense!). Otherwise you may encounter weird results. Another thing to add about the calculator is that it uses a rather extensive function to determine the damage you can do with the given fight parameters. If you happen to change some stuff in the sheet really fast, you might encounter errors, due to limitations by google sheets. This can be solved by waiting a few seconds and then e.g. activating and deactivating a Buff. Then all the stuff will be re-calculated and the sheet will work fine again.

So far, have fun and I am happy to receive feedback.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VE-4XISpxa0GPHHzm_6ZV15jXFLJ-Bj61AFoG0f-lok/edit?usp=sharing

Qh0FIRi.png

Edited by Wrdlbrmpft
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Here you can see what an arcane mage is capable of pre 2-t5 bonus in a 25 man raid environment (Morogrim Tidewalker done in pre raid BIS, all fights except fathom lord with one innervate, which means even without innervate, in a non-aoe fight, arcane is on par with fire):

In Addition I'd like to share my arcane mage BIS lists for the whole tbc expansion:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VId3cp_NipvdI1tg4bDIYU9sgR9Cqn4XF6HdyS0MDpM/edit?usp=sharing

The only thing I did not add is post 2.1 & post 2.3 pre raid BIS and kara BIS, but it is basically the same items.

Edited by Wrdlbrmpft

thank you for the work, dude! that's exactly what I need right now!

best regards,

Harm

• Like 1