<GM> Smaily

Gearscore addon,and why some people dont like it.

GS addon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Did you gonna use GS addon?

• Yes
    • Hell NO!

Simple say(according to google ) ''Gear score is a numerical value based on the statistics of a player's gear. It is (supposedly) the maximum potential of a player's performance. However, it is up to the player to perform that well.''

At theory look nice and helpful,BUT  in TBC there are way more examples that item with more ''gs'' is worse than some lower ''gs'' item.

At the end of the day community decide what server gonna be.If people use and are happy with GS...go on.If they don't and convince the new people to not use it...go on.

Edited by Hamaka
  • Like 4

I had experience with it in WotLK and even though I was decent dps, I wouldn't get an Invite to a group if my gearscore were too low...

Fuck this addon. iLvL is the same shit in modern WoW and it destroys the community.

• Like 4

I never had a problem with gearscore because i had a decent guild in wotlk but i tried it just of curiosity how it work. But then i noticed that ppl on lfg  started to equire GS instead of DPS or Bonus healing like it was in TBC which made me really confused. Suddenly people started to require a gear not a player. Its easier to say that i have this GS than i can make 3k dps ( just example) Thats why i dont like gs and i would not use it.

• Like 1

I mean tbh GS will be only a thing for PUGS etc. No actuall Raiding Guild will Raid with you because of high GS even doe you suck. Personally I dont want it to be a thing on this server, but I can understand people for using to pug Raids/Dungeons.

As someone who has to use a level 50-ish helm and thus having lower GS than other classes by default, it pains me to say that it does help a little bit if you can filter out people that are undergeared just by hovering over their name. If the server becomes as big as I hope, many people will be coming over from Warmane and other servers where Gearscore is used all the time in pugs and it might become the norm here as well.

It's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be. If you have to choose between someone in BT gear and someone in SSC gear you'll choose the one with BT gear every time, even if it's for something as simple as Gruul. Many people seem to think gearscore completely removes the inspect function, even if gearscore becomes a thing you'll still have to walk over to Aldor bank for someone to inspect you.

GS has no place in TBC, more then that if the Devs care for their own server and want to replicate a Blizzlike experience with Netherwing then this addon goes against all that.

I know some people say " let the community decide" I disagree in this case because again you trying to replicate Blizzlike TBC experience, there is no place for such addon, GS is Wotlk not TBC, you should do like Kronos with Census and have It not work properly.

In the end I want a Blizzlike TBC experience not a retail or Wotlk one, I dont want this cancer from Paymane here.

Edited by Brimstone
  • Thanks 1

In 99/100 situations, if your GS is poor, your gear is actually poor. But don't you worry, I simply check the armory after getting whispered to. That's faster than inviting any leecher and then having a really painful run.

• Sad 1

Gearscore is just a crutch that people with the mentality of fifteen year olds use to determine how big and studly their numbers are. If your number isn’t as big and long as their’s, you can’t raid with them, because EVERYONE knows that the only thing that matters in raiding is the size of your number...

On 1/3/2019 at 6:06 PM, OMITTED said:

In 99/100 situations, if your GS is poor, your gear is actually poor. But don't you worry, I simply check the armory after getting whispered to. That's faster than inviting any leecher and then having a really painful run.

I suggest reading up on class guides before making wrong judges about players, based on their gear.