trclocke

Put pet on defensive, but only when not in a party/raid?

Posted (edited)

I'm either messing up the syntax, or trying something BC isn't capable of.

/petdefensive [noparty]

Can i not use a conditional like that? Is there another way to accomplish this without using /petdefensive?

Edit: also tried the two solutions below, the conditional still isn't working. 

/click [noparty] PetActionButton9

also tried (in case "no" was the problem - 10 is passive, 9 is defensive)

/click PetActionButton9
/click [party] PetActionButton10

Edited by trclocke
more failures

Posted (edited)

I'm no expert on macros, but some research seems to suggest that [Noparty] doesn't exist or hadn't existed yet in TBC.

Try using the same macro but replace [Party] with [group], [group:party], or [group:raid]. [Group[ will work for any size party, [group:party] is only for 5 man, and [group:raid] is for raids. 

You can also try changing the PetactionButton9 & 10 to simple be /petpassive, /petdefensive but I don't personally think that's causing your problem. I'm not at home to test it myself so sorry if this is zero help :(

I dug up an old guide for Macros during TBC. It may be of use to you. I'll read through it a little later tonight to see if I can find you a solution assuming the above suggestions don't work.

TBC Macro Guide: http://cogwheel.info/Macro Guide.html

Edited by Seralin
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Seralin said:

Try using the same macro but replace [Party] with [group]

HA. This was it - [party] must have been a post-BC addition. It's always something minor when it comes to this stuff, so annoying. I'll be hanging onto that guide you linked too, very helpful. Thanks so much for the help!