Polaczka

Tanking on low lvl as druid

Hey guys, I have question. Can i tank as druid without Feral Instinct and Thick Hide? Will it be difficult to maintain aggro?

my druid is 23 lvl

Posted (edited)

It's easy Man. You are drood. I had boomkin spec and i did it xD.

We was 2 drood at SFK feral was healing and i was tanking with boomkin spec xD.

So you Can.

Edited by Macumbafeh

Your only issue will be multi-target threat.

I assume you are either leveling as balance or went into the resto tree first for omen of clarity?

Threat) Swipe does not have a threat modifier - so if someone is not attacking your main target, they will peel it off. This will become a bigger issue at levels 45+ where other classes start to really hone in their damage. To curb that, you would want the bump in threat from Predatory Strikes, Sharpened Claws, Primal Fury, HoTW, SoTF, etc

Survival) you'll have no issue until about the same time. After that, having 3% less crit, and 23% more stam will be your only saving grace.

Just dont tank as a bear in outland when not feral. Whilst you can do it, it will suck for the rest of your group.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

45? LOL stop getting the kid down.

There are 3 things that help you preform:

1. Knowing wtf you're doing.
  2. Gear.
  3. Talents. (around 1% increase per pt in classic. closer to 1.5% in tbc)

Contrary to the above, before HCs you don't need all 3. So the answer is a definite yes.

In bear everything you do has a threat multiplier (Maul just has another one on top of it).
Swipe was never intended to hold threat on it's own.
You'll have no issues as long as you know where the tab key is on your keyboard.

Edited by BidingMyTime
Phrasing, formatting.