Sign in to follow this  
Kaidalen28

Reporting bugs? What is the point!

So I am one of those players that, if I find a bug, I will report it. Whether it be on Retail or Private servers. But this server has GOT to be the WORST at "support" or "trust" in the bug reports. You know how many bug reports I have posted been closed? What is the point in posting a bug, with all the information necessary, just for it to be closed and not fixed. For Example.

Class: Hunter - Feign Death STILL BROKEN after ONE MONTH of reporting the issue, Hunter Pets randomly attacking mobs that aren't aggro'd,
- Being able to shoot through walls, which means BROKEN LoS.
And so much more! broken scripts, quests, Abilities not working as intended.
Sometimes needing to press the same ability twice because the first time it doesn't cast.

But every time I post a bug report, it just gets closed. I never see NO improvements to this server. Only reason I am still playing it is because I made good and friendly friends. But the moderators, or whomever, needs to pay attention and take these bug reports seriously and not as a "troll" if they think that.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

First of all, Nice to see someone who bothers to report bugs, most people i know just work around the bug so...dont stop reporting, you are contributing to the quality of the server thanks to that.

Sadly though...you are not done after reporting, you need to make sure to follow up and keep checking on the status of your report. Bug tracking is a logical process there is no 'trust' involved, you need to follow up & stick to the required procedures so the devs are not working on invalids or duplicates

Is this the issue that you are referring to? https://github.com/Atlantiss/NetherwingBugtracker/issues/5716

If yes then the very last comment is...

Wolfy.png.b8925b8e35b9c132d544542cfab6a7b9.png

Which indicates that hunters needed to test if that issue still existed ....so if according to you that it still exists you need to open another one. Don't give up @Kaidalen28 follow up on this issue till it gets fixed. Hang in there! the fate of the hunters on azeroth depend on you! 😅

Edited by whamio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whamio said:

First of all, Nice to see someone who bothers to report bugs, most people i know just work around the bug so...dont stop reporting, you are contributing to the quality of the server thanks to that.

Sadly though...you are not done after reporting, you need to make sure to follow up and keep checking on the status of your report. Bug tracking is a logical process there is no 'trust' involved, you need to follow up & stick to the required procedures so the devs are not working on invalids or duplicates

Is this the issue that you are referring to? https://github.com/Atlantiss/NetherwingBugtracker/issues/5716

If yes then the very last comment is...

Wolfy.png.b8925b8e35b9c132d544542cfab6a7b9.png

Which indicates that hunters needed to test if that issue still existed ....so if according to you that it still exists you need to open another one. Don't give up @Kaidalen28 follow up on this issue till it gets fixed. Hang in there! the fate of the hunters on azeroth depend on you! 😅

I understand that, but they instantly close my report. So I can't check up on it can I? nor do they ask questions, they see it. I get an email, and it says they closed it. No questions, no further proof. Nothing, they just delete the entry.

• Like 1

Its good they listened to ONE of my bug reports. But I had like over 30 and only one got listened to? Shame. And I even showed proof and or extensive wording.

I have checked your latest bug reports and to be honest you are crying about something thats completly your own fault.

Your reports either were closed because they are related to another already existent bug report and were referenced towards it or they were just incorrect. 

If you want your bugs to be looked at proof them with sources. Just stating „should work“ is not a proof that it should be like you want it to be. 

Plus some of your bugs arent server sided but addon related or either a personal fault. 

E.g. „clinking“ in chat is a chat-addon issue that can be fixed by yourself by setting up your chat addon. Or a not shown flight-path is prolly the issue that you miss the connecting flight path between those 2. 

Make researches if its really a server sided bug and report it with proof before you start to complain about reports beeing closed. 

Use the search engine to find out if a similar problem has been already reported. If so, check if it's already been fixed and waits for update.

Make sure, that what you report is actually a bug.

Enclose links to things related to the bug using http://wowhead.com or Thottbot webarchive.

You can use screenshot ingame to visual the issue and for better understanding the problem.

Write your tickets according to the format:

[Quest][Azuremyst Isle] Red Snapper - Very Tasty!

[NPC] Magistrix Erona

[Spell][Mage] Fireball

[Npc][Drop] Ghostclaw Lynx

[Web] Armory doesnt work

• Thanks 1