Sign in to follow this  
basardius

Hunters are mechnically broken here

Posted (edited)

Hunter bugs

1. Pets dont attack rear of boss's (big dps loss) and cleave effects kill them (Nightbane this happens all the time).
  2. Switching targets causes range weapon to bug out dealing 0 dmg and being stuck in a reload loop.
  3. Pet when called back returns at slower speed when dash / Dive is activated.
  4. Kill command can be activated when pet is not in melee range.
  5. Pet returns to the hunter after each kill when on defensive mode, rather then move onto the next target in combat with.
  6. When a pet gets ressed its stuck on the spot unless its told to follow again when it's already set on follow.

These have been prevalent bugs since the Beta, and I would have really hoped by now that they would have been addressed.
I honestly can't see any of the breaking issues that effect hunters to ever be addressed seeing that 2.3 is next month and sunwell after that.
With DPS requirements being so high for Sunwell and the extra attention that is required to play BM (on this server) with pets that have less mobility (Broken movement speed buff) to get out of AoE effects will cause a lot of players to lose their patience with this server.

Please address the Hunters issues stated above. Some are more important than others, but all together make the class borderline broken on this server.

I have reported these issues on the bug tracker months ago.

Edited by basardius
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2019 at 11:34 AM, basardius said:

Hunter bugs

1. Pets dont attack rear of boss's (big dps loss) and cleave effects kill them (Nightbane this happens all the time).
  2. Switching targets causes range weapon to bug out dealing 0 dmg and being stuck in a reload loop.
  3. Pet when called back returns at slower speed when dash / Dive is activated.
  4. Kill command can be activated when pet is not in melee range.
  5. Pet returns to the hunter after each kill when on defensive mode, rather then move onto the next target in combat with.
  6. When a pet gets ressed its stuck on the spot unless its told to follow again when it's already set on follow.

QQ! QQ ... Q.

You are "mechanically broken", just not in the way you think. And if they DO fix it, your damage will drop, significantly.

But let's pummel and confuse you with facts before addressing your emotional distress:

1. It's not a bug before Sept 17. In 2.4.3 Pets definitely did "try to get behind their targets when engaging in melee combat" (Patch 2.3). We're not there yet.
    Putting that aside, it's not a "big dps loss". Maybe it is a literal dps loss, because the magnitude of what you lose is pretty much the same as 1dps.
  2. It doesn't. What you describe is actually 2 different bugs. And it's far from "breaking" your hero.
    The first one is when Auto Shot seldomely bugs out and instead of shooting generates an Interrupted error. Didn't happen to my hunter since RFK (and even then the fix was hit esc and right-click anything (or double tap Auto). Has nothing to do with switching your target.
    The second is that switching targets resets your shot timer. What it should do is reset your animation (foreswing) timer. But 100% of private servers don't know wtf animation timer is (this isn't dota1; most players don't know either, and that's a LOT more people) - so just between us I have 0 expectations of any pserver (NW included) ever getting this mechanic to function correctly.
  3. Pets (on all pservers) in general move at the hunter's speed when not fighting. For example, your pet will never fall behind you when you use AotC.
  4. KC is a hunter spell, not a pet ability. As such, your pet's position has no bearing on it's usage.
    If you don't even know that much I suggest you think twice before commenting on any "bug".
  5. "Oh my GOD I have to micro my pet". Your pet's threat list doesn't work the way you think it does. Make it aware of more targets or don't complain.
  6. Literally never had this happen.

So how are hunters broken, you ask? Simple.

In TBC raiding a hunter had to literally do 3 things:

1. Copy a macro (2 if your raid insisted you actually use MD) from the web.
  2. Use elixirs and buff food. Don't forget wearing your gear and buying ammo.
  3. Make sure when pressing their only button on the bars that their not clipping their Auto Shot.

So where did it break? On the only thing you actually do in raid - #3.
Due to Animation Time being an unheard of concept on private servers, without spamming the macro you will never clip Auto. Auto fires even while casting.

Edited by BidingMyTime
Formatting

Posted (edited)

Nice way to start the replies with insults "you are mechanically broken" you're really taking the high ground.

1) we're playing with 2.4.3 spells, abilites, class mechanics and "news flash" so should pets. It can't be one rule for everyone and not for one class sorry mate but your logic is biast and broken here.

2) Yes it does. You're lying, and are being incredibly manipulative and unreasonable in this responce. Pressing escape is not a fix but a work around, but doesnt fix the core bug.

3) Gummies and Warmane they moved with the correct multiplier values, when speed effects were in places with the pet specific abilites such as, "Dash" and "Dive" which is a 80% movement speed multiplier.

4) KC is a hunter spell that "REQUIRES" your pet to be in melee range. Did you do your research? (Clearly you didn't and instead this whole post is a white knight hit piece).

5) Haha yeah this is clearly a white knight reply stop shilling.

6) Yes this always happens when you ress your pet, in and out of combat you are to click "follow" again.

If you have nothing constructive and are hell bent on lying in your reply, please do everyone a favour and jog on.

TLDR; The guy replying is shilling and lying for attention.

PS; If you want to go far in life don't become a boot licker.

Edited by basardius

Posted (edited)

I thought you were giving a relevant response at first, using facts and shit, but turns out you just got insulted and started attacking me persally and aren't being objective so I'll just skip all the personal stuff and remain on topic.

"You" are mechanically broken. - not the personal you (which is what you would like to think because it suits you) but the collective you (read: Hunters). Since you obviously view yourself as one (I don't, while I have one it's not my main) it might include you but it wasn't a personal attack but stating an objective fact that Hunters are broken in a (very) core mechanic in their benefit. I'm not surprised you didn't comment on that to avoid raising attention to it and (possibly) getting this fixed (OMG I'll get a NURF!).

Some more facts to contraict your statements:

1. No, it's not. And we're not playing wwith 2.4.3 mechanics. Ask any rogue/druid/warrior/others whose bleeds can't affect mechanical, undead and elemental units. So just like other classes, you (the collective you) get to wait for the patch for the mechanics to go live.
Where exactly is what I'm saying Biased? (Regardless of cyrillic accent, verbs get -ed not -t in the past tense)

2. You can disagree all you want, but a bug you can work around in 0.01 sec (I'm using both hands - one hits esc on keyboard and the other clicks the mouse) and that I pesronally didn't encounter (starting from RFK till... well, now) is not something that renders your hero "broken" or "unplayable" or any of those terms. As I've said, you're mixing 2 very different things.
Also - be careful of what you wish for. Them fixing the animation-timer (the second issue in the 2 you mistake for your 'bug') is the first step in your Steady clipping Auto as it should (because right now it doesn't).

3. Other private servers are never, have never been and never should be the standart for "correct". If you want to claim/prove pets shouldn't move at the same speed as the hunter when they (not the hunter) are outside fighting-mode (yes, it's not the same as in-combat) - find a valid source please.

4. I'm sorry, where is it stated? Because I did look, but other than MoP beta KC tooltips stating your pet needs to be in melee or a WotLK thread about how old tbc KC macroes don't work anymore and " KC is stupid right now and your pet needs to be in melee range AND in combat  .." I found nothing substantial. Care to prove your claims?

5. Other than personally attacking me, did you bother checking how pet awareness works? (no, it's not automatically in combat with everything you're in combat with)
Did you even try to improve how you micro your pet? Or was it easier to just demand devs change server code and launch a personal insult at anyone shining a light on your behavior?

6. ALWAYS happens? Really? Like any other hunter, my pet gets little-to-no healing on 90% of the runs and raids (notwwithstanding the uncontrollable Chain Heal hops), even when the strategy is "ok, we're going to have pet OT this". So, much like most hunters (and probably more, as a MM spec hunter), I Revive my pet often. And still I've never had the 'bug' you say "always happens when you ress your pet".
Maybe the server just loves yanking your chain? idk. I've asked other hunters, only 1 said he "heard of it" (maybe he read your post? idk) and none said they had it happen to them.

Edited by BidingMyTime
Formatting

You're obviously a troll.

Replying a responce to you would be a waste of my time. The fact you think every bug I listed as "wrong" is a true testament to your character. 

You can't contemplate what a bug is, and instead go of the road about how to fixs these issues as a "I'm right" "you're wrong" stance. Truely mind boggling.

Edited by basardius
  • Confused 2