Sign in to follow this  
flare

Double WF vs WF/FT

There was also a bug where Windfury would proc off itself, like in early vanilla versions, one-shotting targets. Funny how you only mention bugs that are in favor of WF. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you are biased and just want WF to win out.

That does not really answer if you took in account bugs when testing, if there were any at the time of testing, and whether those bugs are still active or fixed..

6 hours ago, sandreid said:

For Pre-Raid BiS, I found Gladiator's Shiv to be the best out of all OH weapons. But since that isn't very realistic for PvE'ers to get, I would go for Dirge, actually. However, out of the weapons you mentioned, the SL dagger is too slow, Nightblade is a sword (lol), and Netherbane is only good as a MH.

Only self-buffed, corret.

I meant the night blade, epic boe dagger with 430arp proc that stacks x3 obviously.

Does the speed really matter that much since FT dmg scales with speed? 

One would have hoped that they had the sense to fix the core issues with WF only giving one extra attack every other proc and flurry not working as it should before they did something like this. Now my dps with wf/flametongue is irredeemably bad and wf/wf isn't much better.

@garmi333 Runic Hammer should be the way to go until you can get something better from raids.

I'm seriously considering just respecing. Going from being nr 1 dps most of the time or at least 1-3, to being a burden who's lagging behind everyone else is not fun at all.

15 minutes ago, suptski said:

One would have hoped that they had the sense to fix the core issues with WF only giving one extra attack every other proc and flurry not working as it should before they did something like this. Now my dps with wf/flametongue is irredeemably bad and wf/wf isn't much better.

@garmi333 Runic Hammer should be the way to go until you can get something better from raids.

Yeah pretty bummed aswell, still doing "fine" but can't really compete with warlocks and shit and mostly stuck with fury/rogue.

Fel edged should still beat runic hammer though? It's faster, but much better stats and as an orc you get that +5 expertise aswell

On 4/3/2019 at 11:36 PM, garmi333 said:

Yeah pretty bummed aswell, still doing "fine" but can't really compete with warlocks and shit and mostly stuck with fury/rogue.

Fel edged should still beat runic hammer though? It's faster, but much better stats and as an orc you get that +5 expertise aswell

Better stats for sure but the speed and the lower damage concerns me. I'm very conflicted actually on what to use for an off-hand atm. There's always the 2 or 3 blue 2.6 off-hands you could get from heroics and I'm really not stoked to spend another crap ton of gold on another crafting weapon if a blue 2.6 wep might even be better because of the reduced wf stealing from the main-hand... Anyone else care to chime in?

Did you opt for something yet, garmi? I'm currently using Firebrand Battleaxe.

Id argue that both Harvester of Souls and Bloodskull Destroyer would be better than Runic Hammer and Fel Edged Battleaxe (At least for non-orcs). The weapon speed is key to getting good WF damage. If your OH is much faster than your MH, it's just going to steal the WF-cd every single time.