UPDATE:

We have been trying so many different solutions to no avail, but have learned a lot of new information that could be useful for the dev team to devise a solution @tsu

He redownloaded it from the Atlantiss site, did not work. 
I zipped up and sent him my version of the game (minus all of my 3rd party addons), did not work. 
He went on a different wifi network, did not work.
He cleared his DNS cache, did not work.
He deleted his Addons folder, and it worked! However, he was unable to retrieve character list after making his first character, so it's not a real solution.
He changed his password and I tried logging in on my computer, and I could access his account and see the character he made without any issues.

This is clearly an internal issue and not something that can be fixed on the dev's end, but there has to be a solution. There has to be an overlooked variable on his computer that is different on everyone else's. 

I have read up on the issue on other private servers, and the best description of the problem seems to be an infinite loop at the connecting step. People were posting code and talking about port numbers, IP addresses, and realmconfig, but I'm no coder and have no idea what to do with that information. (It really grinds my gears when people tell you to do advanced network configuration stuff, expecting you to know how to do it)
(i.e. https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-emulator-servers/wow-emu-questions-requests/296259-need-help-get-stuck-connected-p.html , http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?45649-private-server-gets-frozen-at-quot-connected-quot)

I have seen other people give up and go play on that garbage Warmane p2w server, and I think that's pretty lame. I love this server and I want other people facing this problem to have a solution once and for all so they can actually play this game. I'll be checking back in on this post frequently and we are happy to work with the team to troubleshoot and gather information so that people like my friend can help themselves get logged on. Looking forward to finding a solution!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@bumbochuz Thank you for such informations. You are truly a champ!

I forwarded everything to Emtec and looking forward to his response.

Sincerely!

• Like 2

I believe I am having the same issue, and a VPN didn't seem to solve the issue. However new to using them so I am redownloading the client in hopes that it will fix it and go from there. Anyone have any updates on this so far? Is it just the Netherwing server not connecting or purposely kicking me off?

Edit: It was a client issue for me, re downloaded another one and it seems to be working fine. Good luck everyone. 

Edited by Blackbrute
  • Like 1

I'm also having this issue. Been desperately and unsuccessfully attempting to find a solution. This thread gives me the impression it is all for naught. Hope someone works out what is going on.

Edited by nuclearraven

i was having this problem too. i played on a bunch of different tbc servers and decided to try netherwing when it launched. i didnt have any problems then (other than the constant disconeccting everyone was getting cuz it was so busy, but thats half the fun of a new hyped server right?)

i was mainly playing on other servers though. i decided to give it a try again now that the hype has died down a bit, and it just gets stuck at connected. this is the only server i have this problem with, i can connect fine to like 3 or 4 other ones i have used before and they still work fine now.

after reading this thread a bit, i saw a suggestion about changing from wifi to hardwired and that worked for someone. however i was already hardwired, so i switched to wifi, and voila, its worked. hopefully this info can help and they can track the root cause down someday

• Thanks 1

Strange, whilst switching to a physical connection is impossible for my current set up, I instead switched which port my net was coming into my router through and now it's connecting. Seems an unusual fix, not sure what makes that work from a technical standpoint, but a fix is a fix. Hopefully this helps other people with this issue.

Got the same issue here today after two days without a single issue. And tried many of the solutions people have suggested besided changing my IP since that is not a possibility for me.  I read somewhere here on the forum that the problem might be that in the fight for DDOS some honest accounts get banned by mistake? if this is the case is there a way one could know if they are banned?