Sign in to follow this  
Kel

Warlock full TBC guide

This server is supposedly going to be pre-nerf and 2.0 itemization so it will be more challenging than other tbc projects if it’s all working properly. But that doesn’t mean it’s required for everyone to be in absolute bis gear, rotating drums, etc. Individual dps does matter a bit more in tbc than vanilla though since the raid sizes are smaller and in general have more serious dps requirements than most vanilla fights.

Please don't listen to this nonsense. I played on Warmane and I was the lowest GS warlock (2.3k) doing the best raid DPS in SSC (2k+ with drums, SP, rotating shamans and 3 other shadow locks). Why? Because you don't do damage with stamina and when you miss. 

The best spec for DPS is shadow destruction, which you need to spec into as fast as you reach 70. Affliction and fire destruction must be kicked from raids. They don't do enough damage and in case of fire are just selfish.

Your priority is hit cap above any increase in SPD or crit or anything else. Frozen Shadoweave doesn't have hit. So for example, blue  Auchenai Anchorite's Robe will be your best choice until probably T6 (cause it has hit + 3 slots you can gem with hit).

To check if you are geared properly, when you are first time in Kara you are expected to do 1K dps on most bosses. If you do less than that and you don't have hit cap, you know who to blame.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, c01dm00n said:

Please don't listen to this nonsense. I played on Warmane and I was the lowest GS warlock (2.3k) doing the best raid DPS in SSC (2k+ with drums, SP, rotating shamans and 3 other shadow locks). Why? Because you don't do damage with stamina and when you miss. 

The best spec for DPS is shadow destruction, which you need to spec into as fast as you reach 70. Affliction and fire destruction must be kicked from raids. They don't do enough damage and in case of fire are just selfish.

Your priority is hit cap above any increase in SPD or crit or anything else. Frozen Shadoweave doesn't have hit. So for example, blue  Auchenai Anchorite's Robe will be your best choice until probably T6 (cause it has hit + 3 slots you can gem with hit).

To check if you are geared properly, when you are first time in Kara you are expected to do 1K dps on most bosses. If you do less than that and you don't have hit cap, you know who to blame.

Just out of curiousity, what are the key differences between fire destro and shadow destro and why exactly is shadow destro better?

And as a sidenote, the spell hit gems are not in game yet on netherwing, since they came on a later patch in tbc.

Edited by Wrdlbrmpft

On 1/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, c01dm00n said:

Sure you did buddy.

How to spot trash warlock? Thinks Anchorite robes are better than Shadoweave.