Sign in to follow this  
Xaracyy

Forbidden addons

Hi, the question is quite simple: are there any addons that I am not allowed to use here on Netherwing? And what about stuff like mining/fishing bots?

Thanks.

(PS: If this is answered in some server rules, I missed it, sorry. Please share link in that case.)

18 hours ago, Epiclesis said:

Uh....

https://atlantiss.eu/rules

In-Game Offenses

1. Using 3rd party programs (hacks, cheats, bots, etc.), exploiting or abusing bugs in order to gain advantage (intentionally or not).

Yes, thanks, that I expected. I asked about that just for completeness. I wouldn't use stuff like that anyway even if it was allowed.

I am more interested about the addons.

On 6/20/2019 at 11:10 AM, krazykender said:

lol BS.  you wouldnt have asked if you didnt intend to use

Not really, because I will be taking ench+jwl. I was just curious, because the last server I've played on allowed gathering bots.

On 6/16/2019 at 8:11 AM, Xaracyy said:

Hi, the question is quite simple: are there any addons that I am not allowed to use here on Netherwing? And what about stuff like mining/fishing bots?

Thanks.

(PS: If this is answered in some server rules, I missed it, sorry. Please share link in that case.)

Addons use WoW APIs to function and there are no WoW APIs that would allow you to cast any kind of spell/action automatically, in other words one click equal one spell/action (of course you can still cast multiple spells at the same time if they have no global cool down, but they would still require at least one click). So there's no addons capable of automated spells/actions casting because the game itself doesn't allow it. And that's the reason why there can't be any "forbidden" addons, because any addon action is restricted by the APIs limitations that have been set by the WoW developers.
A third party software on the other hand can simulate mouse clicks therefore being able to do automated actions like fishing, but this is not an addon, this is a completely separated piece of software that is not limited by the WoW APIs. Like even a simple mouse clicker can be considered a bot.

I hope this can clarify a bit some of your doubts.

• Thanks 1