Sign in to follow this  
Kaidalen28

Make 2xp EXP Permanant for Vanilla content

Needs to be not only x2 Exp but and x2 gold. As new player 26lvl dont have gold to learn my abilities :s I dont know what blizz were thinking when they did this. And drop rates here... dont even remember last time when i got blue item drop, maybe dont even have any for such long time (26lvl). Really are the drop rates proper?

On 7/10/2019 at 12:03 AM, Wolfenstein said:

Everything in due time.

Can we have an update on when this is actually happening? 

• Like 1

How am I gonna find a group to RUN low level dungeons if you increase to 2x?

Its allready hard as it is.

People wont run dungeons anymore. This in return will make people QUEST in green gear unless they have a lvl 70 alt allready to send them gold.

Its gonna make killing mobs alot harder.

Players will end up at lvl 30 with no proffessions(because you have to stop and grind to keep up with the fast leveling pace) and no mount.

Thus it will feel even more like a grind and less like a joy.

Half of the content of this game is in the leveling proccess.

I started here during at the end of June i believe.

While it was true the leveling boost  kinda got me to start, leveling with 2xRates felt kinda odd.Like nothing made sense anymore.

The pace was totally off.

Not to mention how it will change the economy.

If people want to play vanilla they will do so regardless of the rates here.

I dont think there is an "got bored of vanilla, lets play netherwing" scenario, its either vanilla or here.

Once vanilla is out population will drop no matter what you do.

Hope I am wrong ?

On 7/29/2019 at 4:46 PM, zetryz said:

How am I gonna find a group to RUN low level dungeons if you increase to 2x?

Its allready hard as it is.

People wont run dungeons anymore. This in return will make people QUEST in green gear unless they have a lvl 70 alt allready to send them gold.

Its gonna make killing mobs alot harder.

Players will end up at lvl 30 with no proffessions(because you have to stop and grind to keep up with the fast leveling pace) and no mount.

Thus it will feel even more like a grind and less like a joy.

Half of the content of this game is in the leveling proccess.

I started here during at the end of June i believe.

While it was true the leveling boost  kinda got me to start, leveling with 2xRates felt kinda odd.Like nothing made sense anymore.

The pace was totally off.

Not to mention how it will change the economy.

If people want to play vanilla they will do so regardless of the rates here.

I dont think there is an "got bored of vanilla, lets play netherwing" scenario, its either vanilla or here.

Once vanilla is out population will drop no matter what you do.

Hope I am wrong ?

1) If people currently don't want to run dungeons - then no change. You may get lucky and see that out of the newcomers, players still want to knock out dungeon quests. (A full BRD run with all quests is one hell of an exp haul)
2) Questing in quest greens is a perfectly normal thing - and always has been. Killing mobs in quests greens is normal. Killing mobs in dungeon blues is just easier. Not game breaking.
3) If a player wants to neglect their professions while leveling - they will. Just as I did. Why spend 10 hours gettings herbs in zones my level when I can come back at level 70, deal without threat radius, and accomplish the same task in 1-2 hours.
4) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you want more joy, then use the script for x1
5) This depends on the person. Saying 50% of the game is a leveling process is probably a bit excessive. But of course - opinion. A majority of the game play exists in PvP and PvE progression.
6) The only things that will effect economies of games are the population of producers and consumers. As it is - all purchasing power rests on 70s. Having an extra 200-1000 level 10-60s running around wont significantly impact things. Plus, typically for every 1 producer there exists 1 consumer since that's the way professions are designed. As servers age, the population becomes more consumer heavy as players switch out professions to maximize benefits towards their goals (PvE/PvP/Wealth). If the population of producers does not fluctuate dynamically with the shift in consumers, supply deficits occur - resulting in regular commodities being super inflated.

Ie: There exist 20 skinners and 30 leatherworkers - (Lets assume that 10 players are doing both)
A shift occurs where the population does not increase, however 50% of those skinners decide to acquire a new profession (because originally they went for 2 gathering professions) for additional gains during their career.
There now exists 10 skinners and 30 leatherworkers.
Since the LW's are still consuming for drums and leg armor, the price of knothide etc will rise steeply (20 people all trying to buy the same thing).
Any source of new players stymies this from occurring as the life cycle of players continues. 

7) While it is true that people will play pre-bc regardless of the experience rates - there will be inherent burn out from pre-bc players, or those wanting to explore their curiosity in this content. Being that they likely came from a x1 retail environment, the best way to curb the intimidation of leveling AGAIN is to accelerate the process. Whilst there is a sect of folks who romanticize leveling, it is fair to say that after 8-12 years for some people - its just a nuisance now. An obstacle we wish to overcome sooner rather than later. 

Edited by Epiclesis
typo

On 6/24/2019 at 4:23 PM, Epiclesis said:

Yeah - whilst it is blizzlike - it doesnt have to be x1.

Im impartial either way. Already did the grind to 70 here, and back during retail several times. So long as it can be a choice, like it is currently. 
*Shiver* I am just waiting for the M.Ec's to come here and tell everyone how "super mega bad that will be for the economy" if x2 is enabled.

People need to get their classic fix elsewhere >.<

The only reason why I am harping on #6 is because I knew someone would say something about it...

3 hours ago, hooligan88 said:

Hi, what is the ingame command for xp x2?

It's already x2 IG. No Need command.

To desable command is : .ch bonusexp

Same to enable it again.

You Can just type : .ch

To see all ingame commands 

Cheers.