Sign in to follow this  
caydan

Alterac Valley Queue

It's well known, that the battleground Alterac Valley is not gonna happen very often. 

In my opinion one factor that causes this issue, can be the minimum player amount, but decreasing it can't be the solution.

There is another, more interessting factor, that can be optimized to let AV more often pop up.

To avoid BG dodging the server runs a small feature, that let characters leave all battleground queues once they've joined one.

Due to the fact, that the minimum player amount of AV is much higher than for the others, groups for BGs such as WSG are much faster created than for AV and due to the anti dodging system, the player that has joined WSG is getting removed from the AV queue.

If you can change the Anti BG Dodging System to allow ONLY the AV queue staying active while joining another BG, I'm pretty sure AV will pop more often. 

What are your thoughts on this topic?

Edited by caydan

13 hours ago, caydan said:

It's well known, that the battleground Alterac Valley is not gonna happen very often. 

In my opinion one factor that causes this issue, can be the minimum player amount, but decreasing it can't be the solution.

There is another, more interessting factor, that can be optimized to let AV more often pop up.

To avoid BG dodging the server runs a small feature, that let characters leave all battleground queues once they've joined one.

Due to the fact, that the minimum player amount of AV is much higher than for the others, groups for BGs such as WSG are much faster created than for AV and due to the anti dodging system, the player that has joined WSG is getting removed from the AV queue.

If you can change the Anti BG Dodging System to allow ONLY the AV queue staying active while joining another BG, I'm pretty sure AV will pop more often. 

What are your thoughts on this topic?

It's already Like this Imo. You Can queue AV, wsg and arathi or eye.

If you go wsg, arathi or eots, you will stay in queue for AV.

As Macumbafeh already mentioned, your solution is implemented. It just seems that people don't do AV during normal weeks. Once i had a 2 hours que.

There is a solution for AV BGs:  wait for the AV bonus weekend. It will pop like crazy.

Yesterday about 40 AV marks got destroyed from my mail because i had nothing to spend them on.

Edited by claudelu
  • Like 1