Sign in to follow this  
bahhrum

Whats the future of PTE?

Posted (edited)

Hello Atlantiss/Netherwing team.

Many players have choosen Netherwing convinced by the (great) idea of Progress Through Expansions and we are almost at the end of TBC content. Yes I agree that Outlands and other TBC conent can entertain us for at least few more months, but we still don't hear anything about WOTLK server, instead we just got info about "fresh tbc". 
1. When do You plan to reveal more details about our next step into PTE? 
2. Is there any beta tests of WOTLK already started and I just missed the info? 
3. How does this new "TBC" realm affect PTE plans? Is the progression into WOTLK getting delayed by development of "fresh tbc"? 
4. And finally is this a smart move to create another TBC private server while Blizzard starting they surveys about "Classic TBC"?

Edit: just noticed its 1st of April. So Im not sure should I belive in that announcment at all ^^. Regardless of is it was just a joke or not:  questions about PTE remains open - and would be awesome if we could hear the answers.

Edited by bahhrum

Yes, as a new player of this server I really hope that this is all an April fools (instant 58 and new TBC server WTF?) or as in my country we usually call it a FISH OF APRIL

13 hours ago, Wolfenstein said:

As we said in the news - we don't have WOTLK ready yet. We are focusing only on TBC development for now.

Well, till the last moment i hoped its all just an april fools joke.

Now then. So the plan is to create another tbc realm to split what little population we have into two servers? Meanwhile blizzard most likely will start their own "classic tbc" thus our already split  population (netherwing and "fresh") of atlantiss will deplate even further.  Not to mention opening "fresh" tbc will cut to 0 income of new players into Netherwing. 

I will repeat my questions. When do You plan to reveal Your plans about next step into PTE?  Does work on wotlk realm already started? When we can expect beta access?

"We are focusing only on TBC development for now" sounds like works on wotlk haven't even started. Acording to FAQ, development of TBC took 3 years prior to launch. I don't think You can keep holding players in limbo on Netherwing for next 2-3 years waiting for WOTLK.  While the realm will be cut from income of new players.

Your announcment from 1st of April left many players in doubt and confused. I think it would make a great deal to reveal the real future of netherwing and PTE. We don't need exact dates, we need to know is next step into our PTE journey is 8 months away or maybe 2 years. This will tell us what to do.

We would love to have WOTLK ready in 2021, but no matter what we choose to do right now, it is simply not an option anytime soon. That's why instead of just seeing the current realm wither and die inevitably and offer nothing in the meantime, we hope to have at least one more go at TBC before Classic TBC consumes more private server playerbase and get to work on WOTLK in peace.

• Thanks 1

thank you man honestly. shit shows like Endless getting 7k players, there is no reason for the best tbc server ever should suffer population wise. classic launch was something new and everybody felt obligated to play and population suffered. literally everyone is just waiting for the netherwing fresh, netherwing was honestly the most fun i had playing wow. This much work, this good of a scripting shouldn't go to waste by just straight up progressing to Wotlk. Hurry up devs, we can't wait!

2 hours ago, littlepulses said:

literally everyone is just waiting for the netherwing fresh

Who is "everyone"? I can't speak for entire population of Netherwing and I don't think that You can either, but Im sure lots of people that spent over a year on their characters on Netherwing won't be so keen to just ditched them out and start from zero on "fresh". Some ppl will, some will not. Population will split. And those like me that came here lured by great and unique idea of PTE will stay on Netherwing, waiting for a promiss of progression to next expanssion to be fulfilled. At least for some time, coz everyone can get bored of tbc at some point. 

• Like 3

From a player side....ill keep playing(from time to time ) on Netherwing no matter the new ''Fresh'' or not.Its not like u gonna cut the pop in half.Some players gonna go in Fresh...some gonna stay...new gonna come etc.Just play and have fun 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, <GM> Smaily said:

From a player side....ill keep playing(from time to time ) on Netherwing no matter the new ''Fresh'' or not.Its not like u gonna cut the pop in half.Some players gonna go in Fresh...some gonna stay...new gonna come etc.Just play and have fun 🙂

With all due respect Smaily but I do belive this forum is made to exchange thoughts and to input constructive criticism. Closing eyes for problems on the horizon and pretending they disappear when we don't see them is the attitude of the child. I started this thread because the announcment from 1st of April made me feel cheated and left me with doubts if Atlantiss will deliver what has been promissed (PTE) before Netherwing die out. Thats why I suggest that posting official announcment about state of PTE workflow would be a good idea. This would ensure those waiting for it, that they still have what to wait for.

I have been playing on private servers, on various expansions for over 13 years. I've seen more then one realm died out. You say "Its not like u gonna cut the pop in half.". Im afraid You are right. Before corona we had around 1600-1700 peaks during weekends. Now its a bit higher and persists along the week days, due to fact many people stay at home. But this state won't last indefinetly. After world recover from the crisis population will slowly decrese to levels from before the corona outbreak. New "fresh" realm will get majority of the new players and will be slowly draining population from Netherwing.  After all everyone will want to play there, where is more people. Snowball effect will depopulate Netherwing like it did many times before on other private servers (i.e. "recently" Sunwell's Nightabane and Angrathar). Im not sociologist but in my humble opinion a clear vision of PTE plans may delay whats inevitable. 

I did not start this conversation to grumble and spread FUD. I do love this server and its amazing what Atlantiss team delivered so far, I have an awesome guild and lots of fun every single day. I'm trully gratefull that I can play here on Netherwing. I hope this past year on Netherwing was just the begining of my journey on Atlantiss and I will eventualy see my TBC character in Northrend and some day on Cataclysm (even tho its my least favourite expansion). 

• Like 1